Episode 30: The 30’s and 40’s
Join Host Tim Shephard and Panel Pros Colin Hyde and Rob Baker and special guest Fred Coldwell as they discuss Airstreams early trailers!
- Listener question: Remodeling a ’05 Bambi
- Ambassador Update
- Installing Aluminum panels from AirParts Inc.
- Need a rivet shaver!
- Tub painted with epoxy paint
- Refinished the cabinets with Howards
- Vintage poop problem
- Tim lacks fiber glassing skill
- New black tank design
- New contributor: All-Rite!
- Not much known about pre-war trailers
- Dr. Holman’s 1935 Torpedo NOT a kit!
- Airstream trailer production stopped during the war
- Airstream builds wartime housing
- Pre-war trailer amenities
- Early Airstream competitors
- Tube frames and wood interiors
- Old granddad trailer at Jackson Center
- Aliens from outer space
- Too old to tow?
- 1936 Clipper $1,495
- Aluminum vs. Steel
- Curtis Wright Clipper
- After war Wally worked for Curtis Wright
- 1947 Wally leaves Curtis Wright
- Rob’s old 1948 Aero Flight Falcon
- Why nautical names? Wee Wind, Trail Wind, etc…
- Flying Cloud name origination
- 1949 Airstream Liner News
- Wider higher Liner
- Pipe frame to ladder frame
- Airstreams optional piano
- Early trailer production numbers
- Late 40’s trailer amenities
- Listener feedback request
Thanks to the Trailer Park Troubadours for our theme music
Release Date: 10-26-06
Running Time: 1:01:31